Nothing is worse than a dirty bong, not only it becomes icky and smelly, but ruins the taste of smoking as well. Moreover, it even can provide lungs hazard as dangerous bacteria inside can multiply. We highly recommend cleaning your bong at least once a week, it fosters superior smoking sessions and prevents you from potential health damage.
For this cause, our head shop presents a set of tips of how to keep your bong clean in order to maintain its sexy look and assuring a long life.
1) Gather supplies. You will need several items. The most important is cleaning liquid, keep in mind that there are decent organic solutions designed particular for smoking devices.
Cleaning liquid – soda, alcohol and soap can do the job, but they are likely to leave some stains and smell, which will produce unpleasant aftertaste during next smoking sessions.
The better option will be special bong cleaners, they work immediately and leave no smell. There are a plenty of different brands available on the market, ISmokeFresh team prefers organic products and selected the best ones for our shop:
All of those are salt based non-toxic liquids that easily remove the sludge.
- Latex gloves
- Cotton swap,
- Hand pipe cleaner or brush
- Small plastic bag
2) Put apart all the removable parts of your bong and getting rid of the old water and any spent herbs. At this stage, just give it a good rinse with warm water.
3) Clean the main body.Shake up the bottle with the cleaning liquid and add some of it to the water chamber. Then plug up the holes making sure that you don’t make a big mess and shake it up until you see that the liquid covered all the surface of the bong.
Be careful if you use soap or alcohol, putting too much of it will lead to hits with soapy aftertaste during the first smoking sessions
4) Clean up the small pieces. Take a resealable plastic bag, pour some liquid into it making sure that there is enough to submerge all the pieces. Then put the removable parts of your bong inside. After 20 minutes take them out, use a cotton swap or brush in order to reach tough areas.
5) Thoroughly rinse everything in the warm water. Make sure all the cleaning liquid is washed away. Dry up all the pieces with a towel and assemble your bong.
Enjoy clean and fresh hits again.
Keep in mind that hygiene in smoking culture is as important as anywhere else!
Yours ISmokeFresh team.
We always love to hear from you...Share your ideas (the wackier the better!),
pick our brain, or if you would like to become our client
do get in touch.