If you have a terrace or balcony at your disposal, it is a great opportunity to try yourself in cannabis growing! Here is the article that will provide all the necessary tips as well as introducing the best strains for balcony growing.
Different strains are suitable for different purposes. Some made to give the best harvest under the electric light, other feel better on the real sun. But before going through the best options, take into account some general remarks about growing.
1) Small tree size
I guess you would not like to have a several meters tall plant right on your balcony. It is not only risky, but may result in weak buds as big plant requires a colossal amount of light that might not be provided by season.
2) Low odour
The smell of flowering cannabis is an essential thing to consider, some strains can be terribly smelly spreading the odour for dozens of meters. Once I was growing a small plant on my balcony and I was shocked when my neighbour from 4 floors up complained at constant smell.
3) Quick growing
Your goal is to get the most potent herbs in the shortest time period possible. It is wise to go for auto flowering strains. It is less risky because long flowering plant is more likely to be spoiled by rainy day. Moreover, autoflowers guarantee harvest as soon as in 8 weeks, therefore they cannot grow bigger than a certain size due to time limit. And finally, they bloom automatically, which by far reduces the amount of attention and work needed for them.
4) Unusual looking plants
If you want to be as stealthy as possible, think about strains with special look. There are some that look really different from common cannabis trees.
5) Cover up
Finally, to make sure that the neighbour will not be mad or worried because of small hobby, you can hide the bush between something normal. Sunflowers, Roses, Lavende, Lemon or Balm will do the job and help to hide the smell as well. Alternative way to cover up the smell is to use ONA Odour Neutralizers. This product is known for its strongest odour killing features. Most pro growers trust ONA.
Top 10 autoflowering strains:
1) The autoflowering version of Banana Blaze is just as mind-numbingly potent as the original photoperiod version. The powerful effect and sweet, fruity, banana-like taste are very similar.
In 12 weeks, this light feeding auto grows from feminized autoflowering seed to a beautiful little Xmas tree up to a meter tall. She may not require nutrients every time you water her, but by looking at the plant she will tell you exactly how she feels and what she needs. This is good practice for all the growers out there!
In the right hands Auto Banana Blaze can produce 150 grams of top-quality bud per plant.
2) Auto Lemon Kix has one of the most complex and fruity flavour profiles out of famous strains. You can smell a certain sweet, fruity fragrance reminiscent of a well-known USA brand of small, colourful candies. Expect a rich attractive fruity/skunky scent, a citrus-like taste and a very powerful, long-lasting euphoric high.
3) Auto Euforia combines genetics from our original photoperiod Euforia® with a carefully selected Automatic Skunk. Euforia® herself is an original 1990’s photoperiod Skunk selection chosen for the unique euphoric high which many people experience. The anti-stress Euphoric feeling remains the most appreciated quality of both the auto and photoperiod Euforia genetic lines. This is an automatic sativa with a unique anti anxiety feel-good factor, the fact that she is so easy to grow and yields heavily is a great bonus.
4) Auto Mazar is a high performance autoflower, she is robust and easy to grow. She is also a reliable producer of great quality cannabis whether grown in soil, coco fibre or a hydro system. Auto Mazar delivers a genuinely strong and long lasting high. This is one of the most consistent autoflowers ever created and remains one of the best selling autoflower for all the right reasons.
5) StarRyder grows like a compact Christmas tree, producing large resinous buds, growing to around 50cm tall and yielding 45 to 100 grams to the average grower. Experienced autoflower growers can yield over 100 grams per plant growing in soil or coco. Yields of over 200 grams per plant are possible with hydro methods such as DWC (Deep Water Culture) in the hands of the very best growers who will be able to grow plants around 1m tall. The THC content is around 15 to 19% which is special for an autoflower variety. The “high” is described as powerful and fast hitting. The taste is smooth and sweet.
6) The two to three extra weeks that Think Big needs to finish are responsible for the amazing yields she offers when treated with love. Resin coverage is often sensational, the cannabis is strong and mind numbing with a soaring sativa high. The taste has hints of citrus, lemon and incense. Harvest time is typically 13-14 weeks after germination and yields both indoors and outdoors have XXL potential. Exceptional autoflowering genetics have just been pushed to the next level!
7) Auto Cinderella Jack produces compact plants and buds. They are medium sized plants which in some cases grow in a beautiful Christmas tree structure. These plants are filled from head to toe with beautiful dense flowers that glisten from the crystals. Due to the compactness, the buds are also easy and quick to cut and trim. But the highlight of this strain is its potency which is incredibly high due to 26% of THC, you will not find such a big percentage in most of the strains.
8) Auto Duck is a stealth cannabis variety with unusually shaped cannabis leafs which make it difficult to identify as cannabis, especially during the first half of its life before the buds form. Outdoors this variety tends to take around 85-90 days from seed to harvest, she produces good quality cannabis and will bloom well in good conditions outdoors or in a greenhouse.
9) Think Different is an autoflower seed variety based on AK420 genetics with a nice fresh and fruity taste profile. The buds may not have the same penetrating odour as a pure Kush or pure Haze, but they smell very subtle and balanced. A nice fruity aroma with notes of citrus fruit, mint, pine and sweetness. Wonderful to smoke! These cannabis seeds produce autoflower plants with a high THC content and a strong high, even for the most experienced smokers.
10) Auto Night Queen is one of our strongest indicas ever with THC levels of over 20% and she won 1st Prize at the 2015 Champions Cup in Malaga. This strain continues the family tradition of premium strength sticky kush harvests which are well above average in quality and quantity. Outdoors Auto Night Queen can yield up to 150g per plant. It is one of the most potent autoflowers I tried. Delivers an unusually heavy and long-lasting effect which is popular with medical and recreational users.
Continue reading our next article
Comments will be approved before showing up.
I am so excited to use RAW accessories daily. I am super intrigued to get my hands on the new RAW Low Key Backpack. It doesn’t have as many logos as common RAW product hence it does not scream “I smoke weed” shout out when you wear one.